University-run services

On top of the college’s support network, a wide range of university-run services are available to help with any problems you might be facing. The services given below are available to all Cambridge students and are run outside of the college system, so if for whatever reason you would like to get help independently from the college there are many options available. Some of the largest university support services are listed below, but it’s important to remember that there are many more – if you can’t find what you’re looking for you can always contact the welfare team to get help exploring your options.

SUASStudents’ Unions’ Advice Service

01223 746999,

The student advice service is a great resource, offering free, confidential, and impartial advice to all Cambridge students. The SUAS offers advice on academic, financial and personal issues and is a good first stop if you need support but are unsure what services are available to you. In particular, the SUAS can guide you through University and College procedures that may seem intimidating, such as intermission or filing a complaint (taking the place of your tutor if necessary). Appointments to meet with a student advisor can be made on the website linked above, and drop-in sessions are regularly scheduled during term-time. The service’s office is located in the lounge of the Cambridge SU building on 17 Mill Lane and is open 9-5 Mon-Fri.


UCSUniversity Counselling Service

The UCS is the University’s centrally run counselling service. It is free and available to all undergraduate students throughout the year. All UCS counsellors are trained and BACP accredited, and the UCS also employs a BME counsellor as well as a Sexual Assault and Harassment officer. Waiting times may vary depending on how free your schedule is and how time-sensitive your condition is judged to be – the current waiting time is given as 2-3 weeks (July 2020) but it can be much shorter if needed. Six sessions are typically offered at a time, with extensions made if necessary. You can sign up for UCS counselling using the form given on this page. To meet with the Seuxal Assault and Harassment officer specifically, either fill out the form given on this page or contact them via


OSCCAOffice of Student Conduct, Complaints and Appeals

The OSCCA provides case handling and oversight of a range of student procedures, including complaints, discipline, harassment, sexual misconduct, and fitness to study. Student or staff behaviour can be reported on the OSCCA website, allowing you to choose how best to proceed. If you are unsure what the best option for you is, the SUAS can always be contacted for advice.


Cambridge Students’ Union

The students’ union runs a number of campaigns dedicated to promoting student welfare and supporting the rights of marginalised groups within the university. The union is currently running:

–        BME Campaign

–        Class Act Campaign

–        Disabled Students’ Campaign

–        Ethical Affairs Campaign

–        International Students’ Campaign

–        LGBT+ Campaign

–        Women’s Campaign

More information on each of these efforts is available on their website.

DRCDisability resource centre

1223 332301,

The DRC provides a wide range of support for prospective and current disabled students, offering information and advice as well as managing access arrangements. Support is available for students with physical disabilities, learning difficulties, mental health conditions, and long term conditions such as Crohn’s disease. The DRC can also help in providing you access to specialist equipment, additional funding, and human assistance. The service can be contacted by the phone number or email address given above, or by filling out the student information form here.



01223 744444 (7pm-7am)

Nightline is a student-run listening service. You can call in or chat via their website any day of the week between 7pm and 7am to speak to someone anonymously and with full confidentiality.

PHP Code Snippets Powered By :