College support

The information below may be out of date – see for the most up to date information

College Mental Health and Wellbeing Team

Trinity Hall has a Mental Health and Wellbeing Team:

  • Mental Health Practitioner – Juls McCrae
  • Counsellor / Mindfulness practitioner – Sarah Parkin

The team works across the year with both undergraduates and graduates, and students can either refer themselves or be referred by their personal Tutor.

Counselling and CBT can help with a variety of problems, for example:

  • Anger
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Gender issues
  • Grief / loss
  • Feeling overwhelmed
  • Procrastination
  • Relationship issues
  • Sleep problems
  • Stress – work / personal

How to refer

Please contact the Mental Health and Wellbeing Team – for all referrals. An initial appointment to meet with either the College Counsellor or College Mental Health Practitioner will be arranged and in this meeting the most appropriate way forward will be discussed.

Where we are

Sarah works from I5, Central Site on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Juls works from I5, Central Site on Mondays and Thursdays.

Juls McCrae

“I have worked for many years in the mental health field in a variety of settings including schools, hospitals and outpatient services. I have had the opportunity to work in several different countries with people from many different cultures. This experience greatly supports my therapeutic work with individuals.”

Sarah Parkin

“I have worked in the field of health and well-being throughout my career, initially training as a nurse. I have been a counsellor for over 20 years and have a breadth of experience through working in a variety of settings including health, business, education and counsellor training. I am also a trained Mindfulness trainer and my therapeutic work brings together my knowledge and experience of both these fields.”

Peer Supporters

Peer Supporters are officially trained by the university counselling service. They offer a non-judgemental and confidential listening service if you’ve got any worries, troubles or problems. Whilst Peer Support is not answerable to college, the counselling service or academic departments, they are qualified to make referrals. If you wish to speak with a peer supporter please either contact one directly via their email or email Alternatively, you could pop a note in one of their pigeon holes – no problem too small.

You can find the list of peer supporters on the P2P Support website.

College Parents

When you come to Cambridge you’re all given a college “parent” – someone in the year above, often doing your subject, who is willing to give any advice you need before you arrive and during your time here – from what books buy, where Sainsbury’s is, how to contact supervisors, or even whether to pack your stuff in bags or boxes!

The college family system is taken very seriously! You will be cooked a meal at the start of term and welcomed into the college – it’s a lovely way of getting to know more people and ensuring everyone has some support. The later marriage ceremonies are just part of the fun!

PHP Code Snippets Powered By :
This website stores some user agent data. This data is used to provide more extensive and relevant information on the website. Data collected includes, but is not limited to, whereabouts on the website users view, and from where this has been accessed from. This statement is required in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation. For more information contact the webmaster. If you decide to opt-out of any future tracking, a cookie will be set up in your browser to remember this choice for one year. I Agree, Deny