It’s a brand new term, and we’ve got a few things lined up that you should know about (because they’ll be great/useful/yummy). Have a gander.
Dates for your diary
Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd April
The Sports Centre is having Open Days from 11.00 am to 2.00 pm so that students can familiarise themselves with the venue well in advance of exams. Please do make use of this, it will make things much easier on the day!
Wednesday 23 April
Dr Jackson will be giving a talk in the Lecture Theatre at 3.30pm on study skills and advice for exam term; please come along!
Saturday 17th May
The JCR BBQ, hosted by Dr Jackson, will be held on the 17th of May; details will be sent out nearer the time.
Fun things to know about
- The Jerwood is open as normal, although hotdesking will be coming into force, so please clear up your books and papers at the end of the day.
- We have the Terrace Room and P Seminar Room booked from 9pm-5pm every day for quiet study.
- We also have the Lecture Theatre booked from 9pm-5pm as a designated non-work quiet space, so that people can use it for quiet relaxation, meditation, etc. Please don’t use it as a social space; we have the Welfare Room and the Cafe open as normal for socialising/napping/paninis.
- Yoga classes will be starting! More details to follow from the Welfare reps.
- From the 12th of May, there will be doughnuts provided several days a week; the Jerwood will also be providing juice and cookies. Look out for an email from Tutorial later on to confirm when and where. Gluten free options will be available on request.
Things to remember
- Please remember that there is support available if you have any problems or concerns, whether work-related, health-related or anything else. Do get in touch with your tutor, your DoS, or any member of the Welfare team if you are having any difficulties; you can also contact the college nurse or the college counsellor.
- It’s beautiful weather; Easter term may have a somewhat negative reputation but don’t forget it is also the term of punting, Pimms and lunch on Latham Lawn. Enjoy the sun!
- May Week. It’s going to be great.