Bumps!by Oli Lane
It’s that time of the year again — come down to the river to cheer on the Tit Hall black and white army as they smash the competition aside. Every day, each division will race in a line and attempt to ‘bump’ the boat in front, whilst avoiding the boats behind. If a boat bumps, it moves up one place in its division, swapping with the boat it bumped.
On Saturday 14th June (the last day), afternoon tea, cakes and biscuits will be available from the Boat House from 12-3. There will be an alumni reception upstairs and downstairs there will be more food and drink.
Racing is Wednesday to Saturday this week. The crews are currently racing at:
- M3 (in division M4): Wed, Thur, Fri 15:15 and Saturday 13:15.
- W2 (in division W3): Wed, Thur, Fri 16:00 and Saturday 14:00.
- M2 (in division M3): Wed, Thur, Fri 16:45 and Saturday 14:45.
- M1 (in division M2): Wed, Thur, Fri 18:15 and Saturday 16:15.
- W1 (in division W1): Wed, Thur, Fri 19:00 and Saturday 17:00.
However the divisions the crews are in and therefore the times they race may alter. Up to date information, including live leaderboards and commentary, as well as loads of other useful information (including an app) are available at the CamFM bumps website.
Allow 15 minutes to cycle or 30 minutes to walk from the Boat House to a prime spectating position. Directions on how to get to the boat house can be found here. A map of the river and course is available here.